What are the Benefits of Ceramic Dental Implants?
Well over 100 million Americans suffer some form tooth loss, and today ceramic dental implants represent the most aesthetically pleasing option available for tooth replacement. Ceramic implants are comfortable for our patients, and due to their all-white color they present the most natural looking results. Dental implants are the better alternative to bridges, partials or dentures (find out why ceramic implants are better than bridges here) and most importantly; ceramic dental implants perform just like natural teeth.
When teeth are removed or lost due to trauma or infection the underlying bone is no longer used, resulting in a weakened jaw and bone loss. This makes it difficult to smile, chew and do other things most of us take for granted. Furthermore teeth next to the lost tooth/teeth shift and and the opposing one(s) drift into the spaces left by missing teeth. These ultimately lead to malocclusion, jaw collapse, jaw muscle pain and even chronic headaches. Dental implants provide the same function as the natural tooth root which they replace, including stimulating the bone in the most natural way possible and maintaining adjacent and opposing teeth in their place. Ceramic dental implants prevent bone deterioration and improve a patient’s ability to chew food normally.
Dental implants can last a lifetime and are placed directly into the bone where the teeth are missing. They do not adversely affect the adjacent healthy teeth as do traditional bridges. Implants bond to the jawbone and become part of it – making a connection as strong as a natural tooth root.
Some of the benefits of ceramic dental implants:
- Improve one’s ability to bite and chew
- Function exactly like natural teeth
- Do not interfere with adjacent teeth
- Provide a more youthful appearance to the face and jaw line
- Eliminate bone deterioration that can occur with tooth loss
- Do not cause unsightly metal coloring around the gums
- Are metal free and do not corrode or breakdown in the oral environment
- Easy to keep clean because they do not attract nor accumulate bacteria-loving plaque
- Do not conduct electricity or interfere with the body’s meridian energy pathways
- Provides stability without the need for messy adhesives
Whether you’re concerned about metals in the mouth or prefer to have natural looking teeth, ceramic dental implants provide the best alternative to titanium dental implants.
For more information or a free consultation, please give us a call today: 301-880-1410