This two-day course is designed to provide implantologists of all levels the ability to confidently integrate three dimensional diagnosis and treatment planning in their daily practice. The program will consist of lectures and case presentations, over-the-shoulder hands-on computer software training, practical hands-on exercises and a live-surgery demonstration during which use of the computer generated surgical guide and accessories will be demonstrated. In addition, anatomical interpretation and sequential diagnostic protocols for implant planning and placement will be taught and explained. On the second day simulated surgical implant placement will be practiced on computer generated models from the scans submitted by attendees. In the afternoon there will be a live surgery demonstration during which a computer generated surgical guide and accessories will be demonstrated.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the importance and advantages of cone-beam imaging.
- Assess implant recipient site anatomy three-dimensionally.
- Differentiate abnormal findings versus artifacts.
- Identify vital structures and tagging them on a CBCT study.
- Utilizing software tools to enhance visualization and diagnostics.
- When to refer to an ENT for further evaluation.
- Identify the prosthetic need for site preparation and/or preservation.
- Cone beam CT evaluation using a sequential diagnostic protocol.
- Perform interactive treatment planning on your own computer.
- Utilize CBCT and virtual implant planning software to increase case success.
- Know how to order and customize surgical guide design for each case.
- Understand the workflow from obtaining a scan, to ordering surgical guides.
- Utilize the In Vivo surgical guide drill handle kit.
- Decision making when purchasing a CBCT unit.
- Medico-legal ramifications of CBCT.
- Submission of a basic dental implant case you plan to treat in your practice after attending the course.
- A laptop computer with enough processing power to download and utilize the InVivo software during and after the course.
- All participants to this course will receive a free 60-day fully functional version of InVivo 5 implant planning software installed on their laptop computer.
Please contact Charles Banh for more information on the above listed items at 408-885-1474 or by email at email@example.com.
Friday, June 7, 2013: Advanced Clinical Curriculum
|7:30 am||Registration/Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 am||CBCT Technology|
|9:30 am||Patient case review (Scanning to surgery)|
|10:30 am||Live surgery demonstration|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (provided)|
|1:00 pm||Treatment planning (Clinical, Radiographic, Adv planning methods)|
|2:30 pm||Implant selection|
|4:00 pm||Temporization techniques –case review|
Saturday, January 8, 2013: Hands-On
|8:00 am||Interactive treatment planning (on your computer)|
|9:30 am||Actual cases planning (case submitted by attendee)|
|10:30 am||Simulation order of a surgical guide|
|1:30 pm||Lunch (provided)|
|2:30 pm||Hands-on implant placement with surgical guide and 3D model|
|4:30 pm||End of Course|
This 3D diagnosis and treatment planning program will be held at Miles of Smiles Implant Dentistry located at 801 Wayne Ave, Suite #G200 in Silver Spring, Maryland. Sessions on both days will start at 8 a.m. and end around 4 p.m. Lodging information will be sent upon receipt of your registration.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
Full refunds may be granted only if notification is received no later than May 20, 2013. Cancellation after this time will result in a $350 processing fee. We cannot assume responsibility for losses due to participant travel arrangements.
This is a two-day course, 12 CE (continued education) credits will be awarded and full tuition for both days is $599. International Academy of Ceramic Implantology Members (IAOCI) save $100.
Full Tuition: $599.00
IAOCI Member: $499.00
First-time IAOCI Members: $199.00 (Must sign up by May 17, 2013)
If you are not yet a member of the IAOCI you can sign up for a one year membership ($395.00) at www.IAOCI.com/join. All IAOCI memberships will be verified before you are enrolled in the course.
This course has limited space and only ten (10) doctors will be able to attend this session.
For further information please call Ronetta at 301-588-0768 to register.