Certification Course in Zirconia Implantology: August 2 & 3 2012 in Silver Spring Maryland USA
On Thursday and Friday August 02 and 03, 2012 we will host our second session of Real TimeVisual Dental Education™ for 2012. This will be a two-day zirconia implantology training and certification course. A total of twelve (12) C.E. credits will be awarded for both days. This course will feature the Z-Systems one-piece ceramic dental implants and will cover the areas of case selection, advanced clinical and radiographic diagnostics, site specific implant selection, guided surgery and one-piece zirconia implant temporization modalities.
This Real Time Visual Dental Education™ program will consist of over-the-shoulder hands-on surgical and prosthetic exercises and live surgical and prosthetic demonstrations on zirconia implants. Participants to this course will be introduced to the InVivo implant planning software from Anatomage during the 3D implant placement planning session. Each participant will practice implant placement on a stereolithographic model of a real patient along with a surgical guide generated specifically for that case. Early registrants (before July 01, 2012) will be able to submit CT scan data of their own patient and therefore will be able to practice on a stereolithographic model of their own patient. All participants will keep the stereolithographic models and the surgical guides for future reference.
On Friday August 03, the second day of the course two real-time live surgical procedures and a live implant restoration session of zirconia implants will be performed by Dr. Noumbissi on live patients. Attendance for this course is limited to six dentists and will be held in our Silver Spring implant practice.
This course is designed to provide the clinician with the ability to confidently integrate one-piece zirconia dental implants in their practice.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the rationale behind the use of Yttrium-Stabilized Zirconia as a dental implant material.
- Recognize indications for successful placement of zirconia dental implants.
- Identify the prosthetic need for implant site preparation and/or preservation.
- Proper and predictable selection of temporization techniques for one-piece zirconia implants.
- Utilize CBCT (cone Beam CT scan) and virtual implant planning software to increase case success.
- Appropriate selection of permanent restorative materials.