This course is designed to provide the clinician with the ability to confidently integrate one-piece zirconia dental implantology in his/her practice. This will be achieved by means of lectures, over the shoulder hands-on sessions on models as well as live surgery and restorative demonstrations.The lecture material will cover zirconia as a dental implant material, patient examination, case selection and the use of advanced treatment planning modalities for both surgical and prosthetic aspects of zirconia dental implants. Soft Tissue and bone management when placing and restoring zirconia implants will also be covered.
This course will enable you to:
- Recognize indications for successful placement of zirconia dental implants.
- Identify the prosthetic need for site preparation and/or preservation.
- Differentiate indications for different temporization techniques.
- Utilize CBCT (cone Beam CT scan) and virtual implant planning software to increase case success.
- Appropriate selection of permanent restorative materials.